|Best Use||Hydraulic Steering
|Connection Interface||NMEA 0183|
|Drive Type||Sold Separately|
|Maximum Boat Displacement||30000+ Pounds Depending on Drive Type
Suitable for Vessels Above 10 Meters/35 Feet in Length
|Warranty Details||Two Years IPX7 Waterproofing|
**Note** Items may vary upon availability, shipping may be an additional 7 days, shipping is typically 1-3 days with tracked shipping. This Item comes with FAST FREE Shipping.
The NAC-3 Autopilot Computer is the brains behind your Simrad autopilot system.
The NAC-3 Autopilot Computer is recommended for boats above 35' in length. It is rated for high-current output of up to 30A continuous and 50A peak, plus a clutch output. This is suitable to operate high-current drive pumps including the Simrad RPU160 and RPU300, mechanical drives such as the Simrad DD15, hydraulic linear drives such as the HLD2000 series, and solenoid valves. It contains the electronics needed to operate a hydraulic steering pump or mechanical drive unit, while also interfacing with other components including heading sensors and rudder feedback units.
- Reliable autopilot performance based on Simrad Continuum steering technology
- Recommended for boats above 35' in length
- Clutch output (3 amps maximum)
- Compatible with high-current drive pumps, mechanical drives, hydraulic linear drives, and solenoid valves
- Virtual rudder feedback for simplified installation aboard outboard and sterndrive (inboard/outboard) boats
- Supports Simrad RF25 and RF300 rudder feedback units
- NMEA 2000 connectivity to heading sensors, rudder feedbacks, dedicated autopilot controllers, and multi-function displays with NMEA 0183
Simrad Continuum steering technology: Every Simrad steering innovation builds upon a legacy encompassing over sixty years of autopilot development, which continues today at Simrad Yachting’s autopilot research hub in Norway. This legacy is exemplified by the Continuum algorithm: the software that drives Simrad steering technology. Continuum brings all those years of research and on-water experience to your helm, for a smart pilot you can trust to take the wheel.
Virtual Rudder Feedback: Simrad Virtual Rudder Feedback (VRF) technology eliminates the need to install a separate rudder feedback unit aboard outboard and sterndrive boats. This reduces overall autopilot system cost and complexity, and is ideal where a feedback unit is impractical due to mechanical constraints.
Rudder Feedback Units: Rudder feedback units are sensors that connect to your rudder via a mechanical linkage and continuously report actual rudder position to your autopilot computer – allowing the Simrad Continuum steering algorithm to make the best-informed steering decisions possible. These sensors are typically used on boats with inboard engines, on larger vessels, and in special applications where Virtual Rudder Feedback may not be suitable.
Easy Installation: Industry-standard NMEA 2000 networking and NMEA 0183 input allow simple connectivity to heading sensors, rudder feedback units, autopilot controllers, and multifunction displays located anywhere onboard.
- Boat Length: Over 35'
- Configurability: All Settings
- Max. Drive Current: 30-50A
- Fuse: 30A
- Power Consumption: 140mA @ 12V (1.7W) + drive unit load (p to 750W)
- Clutch Output: 12/24V DC: 10mA-3A
- Solenoid Support: Yes
- Compatible with Simrad Series 80 Remotes: Yes
- Compatible with Passive Remotes: Yes
- Voltage: 12/24V
- NMEA Interface: NMEA 2000 (NAC-3 also includes NMEA 0183 input/output)
- Dimensions: 8 1/16"W x 8 3/16"H x 2 1/4"D
- Waterproof Rating: IPX5
- Warranty: Two years
What's in the Box
- NAC-3 Autopilot Computer
- 4 x Fixing screws
- Micro-C Drop cable (male) - 0.6 m
- Micro-C T-Joiner
- 7 x Connectors
- 30 Amp fuse
- Warranty card & literature pack
Mfg. # 000-13250-001