This Item Comes with FAST FREE 1-3 Day Tracked Shipping!!!
Free your hands from the wheel, cruise in comfort, and discover new ways to search for fish.
The AP44 Autopilot Controller combines Simrad Continuum steering technology with a full color display, intuitive rotary dial and button controls, and modern glass helm styling. Free your hands from the wheel, cruise in comfort, and discover new ways to search for fish; this dedicated controller offers easy access to automated turn patterns, No Drift steering, depth contour tracking, and other advanced pilot features.
Connect your chartplotter to add waypoint and route navigation, and enjoy full autopilot control from compatible Simrad displays.
- Optically bonded 4.1" diagonal color display: Full-color graphical display allows for clear presentation of autopilot data and intuitive on-screen menus. AP44’s LCD panel is optically bonded to its protective glass covering, eliminating the possibility of condensation or fogging within the display.
- Transflective screen: Transflective LCD technology makes use of reflected sunlight to brighten rather than obscure the screen, delivering superior day-time visibility and lower power consumption compared to traditional backlit displays.
- Intuitive autopilot control: AP44 includes an intuitive interface with just four buttons and a push-to-enter rotary control dial. The rotary controller lets you make both large and small course adjustments with speed and precision, while also making it easy to select on-screen menu options without repeated button-presses.
- Automated turn patterns: The AP44 gives you easy access to a range of built-in turn patterns designed to assist with fishing, diving, or just making a quick and efficient U-turn. Choose a turn, select port or starboard, and you’re away. For more control, customise your turn pattern to execute complex spirals or zigzags.
- No Drift steering: No Drift mode integrates GPS navigation with auto-steering, using your position to counteract the effects of wind and tide. This lets you maintain a straight track over ground on your current heading, without having to manually set a waypoint or route. To unlock this powerful feature, simply combine the AP44 with an NMEA 2000® connected GPS receiver or compatible Simrad chartplotter.
- Depth contour tracking: Network your AP44 autopilot system with a compatible sounder module to enable depth contour tracking. In this mode, the AP44 will auto-steer to maintain a constant depth of water beneath your boat – perfect for following depth contours while fishing or cruising, without having to define complex multi-waypoint routes.
- Easy setup with auto tuning: Autopilot installation and commissioning doesn’t have to be difficult or time consuming. The AP44 offers automatic tuning to ensure optimal auto-steering performance, with a simple on-screen commissioning process including dockside configuration and sea trial. Automatic compass calibration is available with the Simrad Precision-9 solid-state compass, further simplifying autopilot setup while ensuring heading accuracy.
- Low-profile ‘Glass Helm’ design: Designed to complement Simrad glass helm displays, instruments, and controllers, the AP44 features modern styling with a low surface-mount profile of just eight millimetres. A compact overall footprint enables mounting almost anywhere, while a large display ensures maximum visibility and ease of use.
What's in the Box
- Display unit + Removable bezel
- Micro-C Drop cable - 0.6 m (2’)
- Micro-C T-Connector
- Mounting screws
- Mounting template
- Screw jig