2886 AISLink Man Overboard Beacon
Overboard situations can be a little less hair-raising with the Automatic Identification System (AIS) Man Overboard Beacon (MOB). The AISLink features integrated Digital Selective Calling (DSC) and GPS technology, so you can quickly reach out for help when you need it most. Unlike a personal locator beacon, which signals orbiting search and rescue satellites, AISLink sends an alert message within seconds to all local vessels with an AIS receiver and/or AIS-enabled plotter. Plus, the DSC alarm on your vessel’s VHF radio can also be signaled to make first responders aware of what’s going on.
Seconds count in a man overboard situation. The AISLink MOB automatically activates upon inflation of the lifejacket, sending an initial alert within 15 seconds to all AIS receivers and plotters in the vicinity. Both positioning and MOB emergency messages are transmitted alerting vessels up to 5 miles away of your emergency situation.
Powerful lithium metal batteries provide 24+ hours of operational life, and the high-impact housing can withstand a drop to water of 20m.
Note that most modern AIS plotters and DSC VHF units comply with the standards for receiving MOB transmissions. However, it is recommended that you check with your equipment manufacturer to ensure compatibility. DSC functionality may vary - or be disabled entirely - according to the regulations of individual countries.
Easy to complete initial programing via downloadable programming software or web based platform. Links available on instruction manual.
- Dual alert via AIS and DSC Personal Locator
- Onboard GPS for exceptional location accuracy
- Simple life jacket integration
- Manual or Automatic Activation
- 24+ hours of operational life and 7 Year battery life
- Ultra-bright LED strobe light
- End user replaceable battery
- Activation Method - Manual or Water Activated
- Battery Life -7 year from date of manufacture or after emergency use (24+ hours operational battery life)
- Range - 5 Miles (dependent on conditions)
- Waterproof - 10 M
- Dimensions - 4.52" x 1.81" x 1.06" (11.5 x 4.6 x 2.7 cm)
- Weight - .2 lb (92g)
- GPS enabled - Yes
- Strobe - LED Strobe light
- Frequency - AIS Channel 1 - 161.975 MHz and AIS Channel 2 - 162.025 MHz and DSC 156.525 MHz
- Transmit Power - AIS - 1 Watt and DSC - 0.5 Watt
- AIS Messages - Message 1 (Position), Message 14 (MOB Status)
- AIS Repetition Interval - 8 messages/minute (message 14 sent twice every 4 minutes)
- DSC Messages - Individual Distress Relay (single call made on the press of the activation button, in regions where it is allowed)
- DSC Repetition Interval - Once every 5 minutes (Relay only)
In the Box:
- AISLink Man Overboard Beacon
- Mounting bracket
- Activation tape
- Antenna rewind tool
- Programming adapter
- Life-jacket fixing buckle
- Fixing buckle patch
- Reflective strip x 2
- Instruction Manual