|Dimensions||8 5/8" Width x 2 1/16" Height x 7 1/8" Length|
|Warranty Details||Two Years|
This tiny amplifier packs a serious full-range punch, delivering a staggering 100 watts to each of its four channels.
NexD™ Technology: The breakthrough that makes this much power possible in such a small chassis is JL Audio's NexD™ ultra-high-speed switching design, which allows for full bandwidth Class D operation with extremely low distortion and outstanding efficiency.
Combine with a subwoofer amp: Use the M400/4 in combination with the JL M600/1 monoblock to build a 1000 W amplification system to power four satellites and a subwoofer... and fit the whole thing under a seat. Or, use the M400/4 by itself to power two satellites, plus a subwoofer. With M-Series amplifier, the possibilities are endless.
Filters: The M400/4 includes a 12 dB / octave filter for each channel bank, which can be configured as a low-pass or high-pass filter and offers continuously variable cutoff frequency selection from 50-500 Hz.
Remote control: With the addition of an HD-RLC remote level control (sold separately), the amplifier's Ch. 1 & 2 level or overall level can be directly controlled from a remote location.
Built for the marine environment: This marine amplifier features white and gray powder-coat finishes, a gasketed cover for the controls and stainless steel hardware for durability in the marine environment.
- NexD™ amplifier technologies produce exceptional audio quality, unsurpassed total efficiency and high power from very compact amplifier designs
- JL Audio's exclusive Advanced Rollback Protection circuit monitors the amplifier's thermal condition and adjusts amplifier operation to eliminate annoying amplifier shut-down events
- Frequency Response: 12 Hz - 22 kHz (+0, -1dB)
- Signal/Noise Ratio, referred to highest rated power: >104 dB below rated power (A-weighted, 20 Hz - 20 kHz noise bandwidth)
- Signal/Noise Ratio, referred to 1 W: >84 dB (A-weighted, 20 Hz - 20 kHz noise bandwidth)
- Damping Factor @ 4 Ω: >150 / 50 Hz
- Damping Factor @ 2 Ω: >75 / 50 Hz
- Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise @ Rated Power: <1% @ 2 Ω per Ch.
- Input Voltage Range @ RCA Inputs: 100 mV - 4 V RMS
- Min. Copper Power / Ground Wire Gauge: 4 AWG wire
- Fuse Rating: 40 A (AFS, AGU or MaxiFuse™)
- Filter Mode(s): Low-Pass or High-Pass
- Filter Slope(s): 12 dB/octave
- Filter Frequency Range: 50 Hz - 500 Hz
- Detented, Calibrated Filter Freq. Potentiometers: Yes
- Filter Defeat Function: Yes
- Remote Level Control: Optional (HD-RLC)
- Remote Level Modes: 2 or All channels
- Channel Input Mode Switch: Yes (2/4 ch.)
- Pass-Through Preamp Output: Buffered
- Source Channel Selection for PreOuts: Yes