|Aluminum Safe||Not Aluminum Safe|
|Color||Blue, Green, Red, Black|
|Copper Free||Not Copper Free|
|Coverage||500 Square Feet/Gallon 125 Square Feet/Quart|
|Cure Time||To Overcoat: 2-6 Hours; To Launch: 2-8 Hours|
|Capacity||1 Gallon or Quart|
These Items Come with Fast Free 1-3 Day Tracked Shipping!!! **Please Note** Green paint may take up to and additional 7 Days to Ship depending on Warehouse availability.
CPP prevents marine fouling and minimizes paint buildup.
Formulated with CCT-Composite Copper Technology, West Marine CPP Ablative Antifouling Paint offers season-long antifouling protection with 35% less copper released into the environment. This “self-polishing” formulation wears away, releasing fresh biocides as the boat moves through the water, providing excellent protection with minimal paint buildup. Effective in salt or fresh water and is compatible with most previously painted surfaces in good condition. For best performance, two or three coats per season are recommended.
- Composite Copper Technology uses less copper more effectively
- Eliminates paint buildup and heavy sanding
- Self-polishing formulation keeps hull smooth
- Out of water storage will not reduce antifouling effectiveness
- 35% less copper released into the environment
- Type: Ablative
- Finish: Matte
- Available Colors: Blue, Green, Red, Black
- Components: 1
- Curing Mechanism: Solvent release
- Coverage: 500sq.ft/gal.
- VOC: 320 g/l max.
- Active Ingredients: Composite Copper 23.7%
- Flash Point: None
- Application Method: Brush, roller, airless or conventional spray
- Number of Coats Recommended: 2 or 3 minimum, with additional coat(s) on leading edges and waterline recommended.
- Dry Film Thickness/coat: 2 mils
- Application Temperature Min./Max. Range: 40°F min./90°F max.
- Thinner: Pettit 120 Brushing Thinner, Model 5437207
|To recoat||6 hr.||3 hr.||2 hr.|
|To launch||8 hr.||4 hr.||2 hr.|
*The above dry times are minimums. May be recoated after the minimum time shown. There is no maximum dry time before launching.
Get the right amount of paint:
|Boat Type||Bottom Paint|
|10' Dinghy||1 qt.|
|14' Outboard||1-2 qt.|
|18' Runabout||2 qt.|
|20' Sailboat||3 qt.|
|24' Runabout||3-4 qt.|
|30' Sailboat||1.5 gal.|
|32' Cruiser||1.5-2 gal.|
|36' Auxiliary||2 gal.|
|40' Cruiser||2.5 gal.|
|45' Sailboat||3-3.5 gal|
|50' Sportfisher||4+ gal.|
Note: The following recommendations are for two coats of paint. All values are approximate.
Another way to determine bottom paint quantity is to estimate the approximate surface area of the hull below the waterline, using the following formula:
Length x Beam x .75 = Approximate underwater surface area in square feet.
Each paint has a “theoretical coverage” area, but most paints require at least two coats, so you can expect actual coverage to be no greater than half of the theoretical value.